Your hunt will be guided by life long Zimbabwe residents with years of experience using well maintained safari cars, assisted by experienced trackers in a game rich environment. Depending on your individual quest, you may be hunting private land or government concession areas that are off limits to all other hunters.
You can hunt with gun or bow. The species available include the "Big Four". That is, Elephant, Lion Leopard and Buffalo. Plains game is abundant with good availability of eland, sable, zebra, kudu, wilderbeest, bushbuck (Chobi and southern), klipspringer, hyena, reedbuck, impala, duiker, steenbuck, waterbuck, warthog, oribi as well as many other species.
You can rent firearms, however, we strongly suggest that you bring your own. A .375 is the minimum weapon for dangerous game while a 7mm or .300 type calibre may be used for plains game. We recommend 60 rounds of ammo for each rifle with some of those being solids for dangerous game. If you wish to do wing shooting, you can bring about 100 rounds of shotgun ammo in No. 6 and 8 or buy it locally for $10 a box.
Summer months are from October to March with temperatures ranging from 85 to 105 degrees F. Since this is the wet season, we do not encourage hunting at this time. Our dry season runs from April to September with day temperatures ranging from 70 to 85 degrees F. Nights and early mornings can be very chilly with the temperature dropping to 32 degrees F.
We recommend four sets of lightweight safari outfits, soft comfortable hat, good walking shoes, and sweaters and windproof jackets for cold early mornings and evenings. Bring long trousers for the hotels - not blue jeans. Do not forget film, binoculars, flashlight and some insect repellent.
Items Included in the daily note:
- Services of a professional hunter or hunters agreed upon at the time of booking.
- Services of gun bearers, trackers, field and camp assistants and cooks
- Use of four wheel drive safari vehicles
- Full accommodations including daily laundry, all food, alcoholic beverages, and soft drinks.
Items not included in daily rate:
- Trophy fees - payable when animals are killed or wounded
- Taxidermy fees
- Weapons or ammunition
- Clients pay for their flights to the first hunting area and from the last hunting area
- All charter flights are paid by the hunter
- Gratuities to staff at hunter's discretion
- 2 percent tax on total daily rate
- MARS (Medical Air Rescue Services)
Simply put, we know that you have looked forward to and planned for your African safari for a long time and this is an important event in your life. We will do our absolute best to make sure that this safari is everything you are hoping it will be.
Remember, we can tailor make your hunt for you.
Francis Anthony Gallela